Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebRTC Pro with Ignite Softphone - Ringing Devices 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hi All,

We recently migrated our own call centre from using the Contact Centre Client Softphone to WebRTC Pro using Web Ignite for their softphone with the Web MiCollab client linked and open on another browser tab.

It has all gone ok but users are complaining that they can't select the ringing device to be their laptop speakers and when they pick up the call, it routes through their USB headset. In CCC, it was possible to do this but within Chrome and Windows sound options, you can't. Or at least, I can't seem to work it out. It's either one or the other, not both.

Has anyone else come across this issue and found a solution to it?

We are on the latest version of all Mitel software (MiVB 10, MiContact 9.5, MiCollab 9.7).

Thanks in advance.

I asked ChatGPT and between us, we sorted it out. Here's the steps involved:

WebRTC Pro using Web Ignite and Web MiCollab - Sound Settings (Windows 11)

This guide shows you how to set up an agent so that they can hear incoming calls on both the laptop speakers and headset but when they answer the call, it just plays through the headset. This also allows outgoing calls to just use the headset.

1. Click the Start Menu, type in the word “Control” and open the Control Panel option it gives you. Double-click the Sound icon in the window that pops up.
a. Right-click Speakers and make it the Default Device.
b. Right-click the Headset and make it the Default Device for Communications.

2. Click the Start Menu, type in the word “Settings” and open the Settings option it gives you. Click on System and then Sound.
a. In the Output section make sure the Speakers are selected.
b. In the Input section, make sure the Headset is selected.
c. Scroll down and click on the Volume Mixer section. Make sure the Output and Input are the same as you set in the previous steps.
d. Scroll down and click on System Sounds.
i. Change the Output and Input device to Default.
e. Scroll down and click on Google Chrome.
i. Change the Output and Input device to the Headset.

3. You can now close any open windows and log in to Web Ignite and Web MiCollab and use them as usual.
a. Incoming calls will ring on both your laptop speakers and headset.
i. Once answered, the call will only be on your headset.
b. Outgoing calls from Ignite and MiCollab will only use the headset.
c. If you turn off your USB/Bluetooth headset, calls will use your laptop speakers and mic and when you turn your headset back on, the settings you have just made above will be reinstated automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back