Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webparts in .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabaz2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
IE
Hi,
I am not sure if this is the place for this question, but I am attempting to access an element of a form using the document.getElementById function. But I am calling the function from inside an asp.net web part. When I call the particular object it just returns null signifying to me that it cannot find the object I am trying to get using document.getElementById. So I'm assuming that the web part can't find the form element contained in the overall web page. I was wondering if there is a javascript command i.e. this.form or otherwise that would allow me to access other form elements contained outside a particular web part.

document.getElementById looks for an exact id and returns a control if that is found. My guess is that there isn't an element with the name you've passed it. To confirm this, have a look at the View Source of the page and see if the element does exist with that id.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back