Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webpage verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

spr1049nc03

Technical User
Jan 30, 2004
US
How important is it to have you webpage verified by wc3.org to be error free? I want to have my page highly ranked.

Either of these two forums could probably answer that but to the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong) verification doesn't effect the ranking. It only shows that you've taken the steps to make your pages more readable to browsers by following established standards.

If you're creating web pages with Publisher it ain't gonna verify anyway. As is with this thread you're better off using Dreamweaver or even notepad to code your pages. M$ products like Publisher and Word can work for making webpages but they really bloat the code and makes it difficult for browsers to properly display your page plus it takes longer to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back