Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webpage not viewing inFire fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea7

Programmer
Aug 25, 2008
US
I recently used publisher 2003 to create a webpage for a theater arts organization. I uploaded it and everything works. However, users who are using Firefox are stating that the pages are coming up blank. The pages can be viewed using IE with no problem. Why doesn't it work in Firefox? There's the link to the website;
I checked the W3C Markup Validation Service which shows 719 errors.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Chelsea

better do some more testing
works for me in firefox

This old world keeps spinning round - It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down

It doesn't work for me using Firefox 3.0.6. If the W3C Markup Validation Services shows 719 errors then that's why its not working. Firefox is W3C compliant. You'll need to clear the errors. IMHO, Publisher is not the best thing to use to produce a web page.

Cheers.

So many people are using Publisher to do web pages...it is definitely not the best program to use...and I do like my Publisher.

M

I really like Publisher however I would no more use it to make a website than I'd use Word. That's like using a butter knife as a screwdriver.

--
JP

Funny think though. In Publisher I went into Tools/options and disabled Rely on VML for faster graphics downloading. Now the web pages appear. It appeared to just happen in Fire Fox. Someone told me that it worked on other browers.

I really like Publisher however I would no more use it to make a website than I'd use Word. That's like using a butter knife as a screwdriver. "

LOL!

Wow, I just took a look at the source code for that page. Jumping geehosiphat (sp?)! That almost looks worse than how Word messes and bloats things as "web pages".

Gerry

Chelsea7 said:
Now the web pages appear.

The pages may appear in Firefox but they don't render properly, at least on my Firefox.

The "submissions guidelines" link runs through the solid black line and the "First ten minutes..." link runs through and below the solid blue line.

The "myspace" link runs into the YouTube video photo and I can't get the link to become clickable.

Clicking on the "submissions guidelines" link in the paragraph "For those who would like to get involved with this or future productions, please read our Submission guidelines. " gets the following message:

Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at
However, if I click on Submission Guidelines in the left hand menu it takes me to the correct page.

There are similar issues (mainly links overrunning text) on most of the other pages of your web site when viewed in Firefox.

Cheers.

Gerry -

Now you see I don't recommend it. Plus you have to continue to use Publisher to maintain and edit the site. At least if you're using something like Expression Web, you can always change to a different website design program.

(I could also have used the analogy of using a shoe as a hammer.) ;-)

--
JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back