Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webpage-design (with swing) .. where do I start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophie24

Programmer
Jan 20, 2002
CH
I want create a webpage with swing objects. Therefore i have learned HTML and some Java basics. Getting some data from the database and show them in a html page isnt a problem, but i dont know how to design a site like this:

on the top of the page is a table with selected database objects (a list). bottom of this table is another table which shows detail informations when i click one of the object in the table above. maybe some buttons are also availible to navigate the list (next/previos).

Now the question .. am i on the right way when i create for every list a separate applet or a small java program which are controlled by the html page, or should i put everything in one applet and use it once in the html page ? i tried J2EE and started some example-codes but its very hardcore.

I would be happy for every help and tip ..

regards

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do that. You should probably choose the method that will result in your users waiting the least. If the applet takes a long time to start up, then doing it over and over would add to their wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back