Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webmail - not able to attach more than 100 KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

epochap

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
US
Hello, We have a strange issue,

users are using OWA on a branch office. Mailbox is located locally on their office.

we are not able to attach any attachment with more than 100 KB size, if we try, the IE attachment screen goes blank. however if we try to attach any attachment below 100KB it works fine.

this issue is only for users in a location. pls let me know if there are any specific setting we need to look at.
or is it something to do with networking?

Sounds to me like it is an issue with the available RAM on the PC. Do you get the same problems on a newer more powerful system?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

it is not the problem with RAM on the PC, we tried different computers with 1GB RAM,.

it works (we are able to attach more than 100K) for other users using OWA on the same PC, it is only for the users hosted on a particular mailbox server in one office having this issue.

OK, so what have you set for maximum attachment size on that server?

There are two places for this:

For the whole Exchange Organization - Global Settings + Message Delivery + Properties. Defaults tab and set the Sending and/or Receiving Message size.

Just for one user - In AD Users & Computers, right click, Properties. Click the Exchange General tab. Click the Delivery Restrictions button. Set the Sending and/or Receiving size limits. This setting overrides the Organizational limits as set above.

Last thing to check is maximum size on the Default SMTP Virtual Server.

Servers + <SERVERNAME> + Protocols + SMTP + Default SMTP + Properties.
Click Messages tab and see what settings you have there.
Deafult is for unlimited (no ticks).

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Thanks Mark for the reply.

the issue is only for OWA, when the user sends out mail using outlook, it works fine. it is only when the user uses OWA and attach over 100KB, the IE screen goes blank.

meanwhile i will check in to all the settings you mentioned and will get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back