Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weblogic issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldr

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
I am running Weblogic 6.1sp2, which includes JAXP 1.1. I'm having trouble deploying an application was developed under JAXP 1.2 (spring release) with the xerces implementation. It also uses version 1.1.4 of the gnu regular expression package.

When I attempt to deploy a WAR or EAR file with the jar files packaged, I get a

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx: method: init signature: ()V) Incompatible object argument for function call

when I package the JAXP with it. If I remove the JAXP from the package and defer to the JAXP 1.1 (which I believe is fine, I seem to be able to compile and run under 1.1 in my IDE) and only keep the regular expression package in the package the Weblogic server simply exits without any exceptions being reported (either to the screen or to any of the logfiles). I understand there is a bug in Weblogic that if there's a period in the jar filename it will not properly include it (such as gnu-regexp-1.1.4.jar, I renamed it gnu-regexp-114.jar), and I believe I have that covered.

I've done a few things such as making sure I compile under the exact same JVM as the Weblogic server runs, having an identical classpath (using the weblogic.jar and xmlx.jar included with Weblogic instead of the spring jaxp), none of which should matter I don't think, but I'm at a loss (especially with the server just exiting .. ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back