Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEBLM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

racebikeboy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2007
GB
Hi

I have a standalone Weblm on my AVP

I have System Manager 7 on AVP

and 2 Session Managers

How do i point the Weblm on SMGR to my standalone WebLM ? .

I need to access my 2 Session manager licenses which i applied to my standalone Weblm

I *BEVIEVE* SM will only get it's licenses from the SMGR it's controlled by. Other products let you choose which WebLM to point to.

Otherwise, with WebLMs you might be able to set them up in an "enterprise" mode where your configure the SMGR WebLM as a "local WebLM" in your standalone server. Normally, you do it the other way around for something like Experience Portal where your SMGR is the master and you build off another standalone local one at your secondary DC or something.

I've never seen it done the way you're trying and I'm not sure you can. If there's no reason you can't just rehost your SM licenses to the SMGR one, I think that'd be easiest.

So shall I just re host the 2 Session manager licences to the SMGR webLM then the errors will go when syncing the session servers to SMGR

I will try that first

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back