Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webi and Crystal reports - differents in LOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parahall

Programmer
Jul 4, 2010
IL
Hi Guys,

Maybe someone can explain how exactly engine works for LOV in those two different systems.
I have 100000 instances in table.

At Crystal i defined LOV for those instance (for example call them interface). Therefore when i`m running report with this LOV it takes about 4-5 minutes to open prompt report.

At webi reports, i defined LOV for some interface from same table. When i`m running report it takes about 2-3 seconds to bring me list of all 100000 instance.(also refresh of list takes couple of seconds)

Could anybody exmplain me how it`s works and why there is such big difference between crystal and webi reports?

Where did you define the LOV for Crystal? Was it originally based on the query in your report or does it run against just the table where the LOV data resides?

When an LOV is defined in a universe, the data is stored in a file with a farly simple format that is optimized to load quickly.

When an LOV is defined in the the Business View Manager for use by Crystal, it is actually stored in a Crystal report. If you don't have it scheduled to run (right-click on the LOV and select Schedule) then it has to run and refresh the data every time it loads. If possible, you should schedule the LOV to run on a regular basis to decrease the load time.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Hilfy,

Thanks for reply :)

I define LOV for Crystal in Business View Manager using custom sql with scheduling (refresh every hour). But it`s still takes about 4-5 minutes to open prompt page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back