Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEBI and BO Full Client Installation on the same server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anu1284

Programmer
Sep 24, 2003
US
Is it recommended to install both WEBI and BO Full Client on the same server??

Please let me know.

I'm pretty shure is forbidden

Stick to your guns

Not forbidden. There is just no reason to do it. The parts of the full-client that are needed are already installed during the WebI install.

I almost always install everything on the server just for debugging reasons.

Just don't spend all day building reports using the client that is installed on the server. WebI comes along now and then and kills them. This helps WebI keep things clean and stable. Besides, you shouldn't be using the server as workstation.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

I wrote forbidden because I think that installing BO Full client messes up with busobj.exe installed by WebI, isn't it?

Stick to your guns

It works but the Documentation says it should be avoided for the very obvious reason which Steve mentioned. WebI Kills the FC opened in interactive mode.. But can be used for some testing purpose.

Sri

Obviously you don't want to do it in a production environment, but installing the client and tools like supervisor on a development webi server can make life very handy.

tmp.Worldwide
Business Objects 5i
Systems Integrator
Pfizer Global Research and Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back