Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webdav slow via Load Balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyny

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2009
US
Hello All,
We implemented a clustered Livelink system with 3 front end servers with 2 instances of LL each and 5 threads in each LL.

Webdav via front end IP address is super fast whereas the same Webdav via Load Balancer is really slow.

The web server is IIS 6.0.

No translation is done on Livelink side and the web link co server port is dynamic and there is nothing being done on LB side also for this.

Have any of you faced this wherein Webdav via LB is slow and via any of the 6 FE instances is fast (and even super fast).

If so, what should we do to tweak the LB or Livelink/Webdav to achieve same fast access via LB.

Regards.

If I recall correctly when I configured three FE's using a big IP cluster I had to use a co-stanby server or something like a hard coded webdav host.I do not remember if it was for performance or to get the SSO working

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

This is probably unrelated to webdav but after installing a cluster I do several things but the most pertinent ones are

a)Did I install opentext software in the same paths,if vertical this is not possible,if I did, Did I use the admin.index and found under security the key called
Cookie Encryption Key: and set it common amongst all clusters.I found that in absence of a common key it uses OTHOME to seed the cookie and since cookie is issued by each server this is actually different c:\OPENTEXT and c:\opentext
and c:\OpenText.In my case my installs went into a infinite loop and Chris Wagg from OpenText advised to do a common cookie.
b)Did I disable agents,notification,wfagent on front ends and allow it to run only on the admin server.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back