Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webcompanion for pro 7 I'm Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstone

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
the product blurb syas you can publish to the web with webcompanion.
so I bought the software in the hopes of a data driven web site
well ,I guess I was wrong I have looked every where and the plugin is no where to be found. Am I stuck or what I get no help from support emails

Make a search on the Filemaker website ( for the right information you need for this.

You can use FM's IWP for web, but the final info is on the webpage...

HTH

Do you have your own web server? The program needs to be running on the web server and reside in FM's Web folder, so if you have an ISP running your website on their server, you'll have to talk to them about it. We have no trouble running a database on our intranet using our server, and accessing it with an internal website.

thanks for that info,I may just stick with foxpro and access or move over to oracle.
my system runs from coldfusion jrun server module in apache
dreamweaver may not be the best dev. for websites ,but learning curve was small.
I have talked with macromedia and as of now they have no plans to add migration from FM, there are 3rd party softwares for this ,but I have already invested in coldfusion and oracle
I will keep practicing my FM ,maybe just use it in house or
add another server to my backbone for cd data distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back