Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webclient

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
OK we are trying to get the webclient working for the first time.
We have a lab SE running and user created - when we try to log on it seems to just hang with a message 'Connecting to the server'

I can find very little documentation for the webclient, could anyone point me in the right direction please?

1XP all up and working OK, user is a Power User.
WebRTC config is on 'Auto'?
prior to rebooting everything I was getting the message invalid credentials, despite having a valid user.
Monitor said 'Global User Not Found'

Either I have got something wrong (most likely) or it's totally flaky!

Thanks

Edit: Try removing the User and re-create it.
I had the same issue with a User, but then I tried another user where it worked, could not see any differences between their settings, So my test user extensions 9714 and 7046 worked while the 9715 below didn't.
However I had to fiddle with sound settings to get sound in the bluetooth headset instead of PC speakers
(although all other sound was using my headset, Web Client still used PC speaker and mic)

But calls or chat does not work anymore even though the client look OK.
Tried both within Chrome browser and Windows stand-alone application.
Popups are allowed, but no call window pops up when calling/chating from or to this extension.

(Checking my Chrome settings there is a notification "Your browser is managed by your organization" but I'm not sure that could interfere with Web Client though.)

I can see that the extension is registered in Monitor/SIPPhonestatus:
WebClientproblem_aidej9.png

I have a feeling this is flaky...

Another thing - even though calls and chat now works for me, you can search user extension by name but favorites and tags behaves flaky:
[ul]
[li]Saving personal contacts (star-mark) nothing happens - will not be saved.[/li]
[li]Tagging: saved tags works during your logged in session - log out and all tags are lost. [/li]
[/ul]
(Maybe this is a browser/organization security management issue, I don't know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back