Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webcam on Windows server

Status
Not open for further replies.

robatwork

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
GB
Does anyone know of a (range of) webcam that works on Windows server (2008 most specifically)
thanks
Rob

Why not do an IP camera that doesnt need remote software installed? You can just pull up a webpage and see what it sees...

Just poking around a couple sites, I couldnt find any that had drivers for 08 so not sure what to tell you there...

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

Regardless of what you get working, make sure there is no policy against capturing what you intend to capture (clear it with H.R.) and H.R. should make sure that employees know that they might be recorded blah blah blah.

Don't get the technical solution in place before you have checked with H.R. first.

I've wanted to try something like this before. Its basically just a USB extension through the network right?

The IP camera sounds like less hassle though.

The wireless IP cameras I bought from Linksys had the option to use a webpage or install remote software. Not sure why I didnt write this before but the software was compatible with 03 and 08 Servers I believe.

"You don't know what you got, till its gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back