Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webbased reports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PosterBoy

Programmer
May 11, 1999
US
I need a resource, website, book etc.. to help me understand how to to webbased reports. I need documnetation!!

Seagate's Crystal Reports is one of the most difficult programming jobs you will ever encounter. Especially, if you are going to be driving the report engine from an ASP page.<br>
<br>
Here are a couple of hints so that you don't run into the same problems that I ran into.<br>
<br>
1. make sure you include the file rptserver.asp and the appropriate SmartViewer***.asp file in the root directory of the web server ( or include it in the same directory from which you are running the driving asp page.<br>
<br>
2. Start by creating a report in Crystal. Save the report to the same directory that contains your driving asp. <br>
<br>
If you need more info just post your question in Tek-Tips and I will try to respond.

Since you asked, I'll offer this link to help you get started putting your Crystal Reports on the web. ReCrystallize is a wizard that will generate the unique ASP code needed to run a particular report on the web.<br>
<br>
<br>
I'd also be happy to help if you have any specific questions.<br>
<br>
--Michael

Hi!<br>
<br>
Recrystallize is pretty good. You can use it easily and fast. If you want documentation from CR you will need to wait a lot. They don't have very much of it.<br>
<br>
<br>
--Gla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back