Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webapp "cannt be displayed", but Tomcat default can

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrechler

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Hi all,

I start Tomcat, using startup.bat, and I am then able to see (which is the default jakarta-tomcat homepage), but then when I try to access it says that "The page cannot be displayed."

Any suggestions? This seemed to be working until today, when I shutdown the tomcat command window, and then rebooted the computer and started it up again...

TIA,
~Lindsay

By default Tomcat can see the the web application in at least two cases:
1. Web application is the direct subdirectory of the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps, and has the subdirectory WEB-INF containing the valid web.xml.
2. There is a <Context ...> entry in the $CATLINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file containing attribute docBase pointing to the full path of your web application and path attribute indicating the URL.
In the case you describe it should be path=&quot;/webapp/jsp&quot; and the docBase=&quot;/full_path/to/your/application.

But your URL could suggest that you have just mistyped it.
/webapp/ instead of /webapps/, and jsp as the direct descendant of webapps, which is quite uncommon configuration.

Hope this helps
Grzegorz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back