Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebAccess partially slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3n85

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2006
US
With our Groupwise system we have many people checking mail through webmail and here is my problem:

When users, both onsite and off, hit the WebAccess page the first time they load the page it seems to take up to 10-12 seconds to see the login splash. After this initial load, everything seems to fly as it should. Is there some precaching that is going on or something that causes this one time slow down?

I have noticed the same thing with our webmail since the upgrade to v7. I have mentioned this to our admin, but no response yet. If I do find out anything I'll post it here.

Matt

It could be a redirect that is causing delays.. Try this and see if it makes a difference:

- Instead of going here: -- Go here:
Substitute whatever your webaccess address is. On our system, we have the first one redirect to the actual address. The way we do it, there shouldn't be a delay, but there seems to be a significant one. When I go directly to the later address, it comes up immediately.

You can try this on my mail server and compare to yours as well. no big deal.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Yea, loads instantly on the 2nd address... if we can only find a way to bypass that delay/lag time

It depends entirely on how your web redirect is configured. There's more than one way to do that, and its really probably an apache issue more than GroupWise or Tomcat.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

We just did a security hot patch up date to SP2 and noticed that drastically improved the redirection/response of the Webaccess to our system.

Just a heads up to any others that were having problems such as mine.

must confess i always thought 7 was slow for webacc

i still use 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back