Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebAccess in DMZ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Just need some clarification.. the docs are not very helpful. Also, I'm dealing with GroupWise on Windows, not NetWare.

If my groupwise system is inside the network (like it normally would), and I want WebAccess to be on a different server in the DMZ... Is it just as simple as installing it onto a Windows server in the DMZ and pointing it to the main groupwise system?

Thanks in advance.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

As long as the Servlet install can get to the WPDOMAIN.db you should have no problem.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

hi marv

we have the setup you desire implemented but on an all novell environment but it really will not matter much.
the webserver is in the dmz
we opened ports between the webserver and a server inside the lan that is running the agents which then communicates with the po's also on the inside.

good luck
al

Hey Marv, We have a similar setup. When running the Webaccess peice on a windows server there are a couple of things to look for. One: You can install just the Webaccess piece off the installation disk and then point it to your mail server.(It says you must be able to log into your mail server but it is not necessary if you follow step two). Two: copy these to files to the Windows server from the server running the agent. COMMGR.CFG and WEBACC.CFG
My Web server is actually on the outside (not DMZ) with NAT translation so I don't know if this is pertinent. Good Luck

HEY, WATCH THIS!

I need to clarify a couple things here...

Can the WebAccess agent run on one Windows server inside, and the WebAccess Application run on the IIS server in the DMZ..

From the docs, it appears that I can do this and is the recommended way. However, when I try to locate the WebAccess gateway directory, I get a Novell Login prompt that I can not get past.

If I were to copy these two files (commgr.cfg and Webacc.cfg) to the IIS server, where would I put them? Also, I can not locate a WEBACC.CFG file.

Thanks.

Just a follow up to this, I have the problem solved and everything running the way it should. In order to get past the authentication box, I had to install eDir on the box inside the DMZ. I was not aware that this was a requirement, I thought I only needed eDir on the box that is running the GroupWise agents inside the private network.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back