Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web service using axis is suspending my servlet, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleScooby

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
GB

Hi there,

I have installed axis and used it to create and deploy a webservice. I then used axis to create the stubs using WDDL2Java.

I created a client class to call into the webservice via the stubs and all works fine !!!

The problem arises when I add the client class code into an existing servlet - the servlet appears to run but is suspended when it hits the first line of code which instantiates the stub object. Can't see anything in the logs etc to indicate why ?!?

Any help appreciated.

US.

Are you running the test client and the servlet from the same machine? does the application server machine have access to the machine that hosts the webservice? try accessing the wsdl from the machine that runs the servlet:

Hi alpaso.

thanks for the feedback - the test client and servlet are indeed on the same machine as I am developing them both via localhost. Its so strange that they both use axis and one works but the other (servlet) doesn't.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back