Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Service Timeout Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kav123

Programmer
Jan 12, 2005
GB
I have a C# Windows Client App which calls the service bus, which in turn interacts with a web service which connects to a SQL Database. I am getting a time out error at the web service level. The database stored proc returns the records in quick time, and if i check the logs in the web service IIS server, the web service is throwing a timeout exception. I addedd the <httpRuntime> element and set the time out to 900, however am still getting the error.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue. Do i need to increase the threshold of the timeout any further.

increasing the timeout is just a hack to make the symptom go away, it doesn't solve the problem. you need locate what is causing the timeout. are you managing the connections properly? this is usually the first place to start. also, focus on what is the problem. client app, service bus is just noise. the problem is the web service and database interaction,.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back