Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Service Proxy Reference.cs

Status
Not open for further replies.

justTryingToCode

Programmer
Nov 14, 2006
US
Hi all experts,

I have recently upgraded some web services to the 2.0 framework and added a 3rd party web references to a web service for consumption. In the past I used to trap/trace the deserialized SOAP message for web service calls using soap extensions. I added it as an attribute to the reference.cs class in the web reference proxy. Well, now I can't see that file and my option for hidden files is not available. Is this a bug or a change or is this file only available in winforms? Regardless I need to trace some messages for testing, how can I do this now. Am I missing something in order to view hidden files in a web service solution in visual studio 2005?

Thanks in advance,
John...

The Reference.cs file should be under the Web References folder in your project.
Select that folder and click on the button Show all Folders which you find it in the Explorer window.
You should see also the Reference.map file as well .disco and .wsdl files.
obislavu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back