Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Service Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc3596

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
I am pretty new to web services, so I hope this does not sound too newbie like, but I appreciate any thoughts any one has on this topic.

I am writing a VB.Net (Visual Studio 2008) web service. In testing, in Windows (locally), the program displays in internet explorer with the 5 parameters the web service expects...

Locally, it all works fine, service picks up the parameters and all is well, it passes back an xml doc (soap) to the screen on Invoke...

However, when testing between the actual 2 services, the sending web service (php and also soap) receives an error message (error trap) that the Challenge variable is never getting passed...(If Challenge = "") from below. Any thoughts? Does PHP do something different than .Net....Do I need to have him pas in the whole xml doc and I parse the xml data?

Here is the service (GetNewPalletInfo)...

<WebMethod()> _
Public Function GetNewPalletInfo(ByVal Challenge As String, ByVal Response As String, ByVal Description As String, ByVal ProcessId As String, ByVal PalletId As String) As XmlDocument
Try

GetNewPalletInfo = Nothing

Dim i As Integer
i = 0

If Challenge = "" Then
GetNewPalletInfo = SendXML(vBadResponse, "Challenge Element not provided!", 0, "", 0, "", "", "")
Return GetNewPalletInfo
i = 1
Else
If Challenge <> vChallenge Then
GetNewPalletInfo = SendXML(vBadResponse, Challenge & " - " & vChallenge & " - Challenge value not accepted!", 0, "", 0, "", "", "")
Return GetNewPalletInfo
i = 1
End If
End If

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back