Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Service Inspecting Return XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustell

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
With a Web service, is there a way to inspect the XML that is being returned to the client?

Pat B

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing how I can reference this in my Web service to get access to the XML that the Web service code is about to return to the client.

I would like to be able to capture that XML before it is returned for debugging purposes.

Thank you,

Pat B

I'm not sure what you mean. When you use the HttpWebRequest, you are retrieving the xml. When you put it into a datastream, that is the exact xml that was returned in the response.

carl
MCSD, MCTS:MOSS

Are you referring to using the HttpWebRequest via the client? If so, that's not what I am looking for.

I want to capture the return XML from the Web method before it is returned to the client. From within the Web method code, I do not see how I can access the HttpWebRequest object. Even if I could, from the code within the Web method, I'm interested in XML response from the Web method being sent to the client.

Pat B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back