Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web service folder creation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Sep 26, 2002
ZA
Hi,

I have an ASP.Net web service which needs to create folders on a server (dynamically). I keep on getting a "Cannot find part of path…" error (access denied?) when the web service attempts to make changes to a folder, i.e. create or delete a sub folder.

I have given the machine's ASPNET user account full control over the parent folder. This works when I do this through a normal ASP.Net web application, but whenever the web service does it, it fails. Does the web service run under another account? Is there any settings in the machine.config that would prevent this from working?

Thanks ahead.
Cheers T

try creating an ASPX file in the same folder that will create directories, does it give the same error? if yes try outputting the path in which u are creating the folders...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back