Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Service deployed on Tomcat stops responding after sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2006
US
Hi,

I haven't used Tomcat before and is the first time I am using it. I have Web Service that is deployed on Tomcat 5 installed on my local system. Web Service I am using Spring, Hibernate. The issue I am facing is
after deploying a service all works fine. As soon as I leave the service idle means I don't make any calls to the Web Service for couple of hours
my Web Service stops working. If I try to invoke a Web Service I get an error message and looking at the logs I don't see any call to the Web Service so I end up undeploying and redeploying the Web Service and it starts working and if I don't invoke the Service for couple of hours it stops working and I then I have to undeploy and redeploy the Service.

Any idea waht might be the problem where to look. Why the Service keeps working as long as I keep calling but stops working if I call after couple of hours. Is there any settings I need to make on Tomcat as I am new to Tomcat so have no idea where to look.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back