Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEB SERVER/NT SERVER SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterf

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
CA
I have an NT Server which is working fine. I have recently setup a Web Server with IIS and that works fine, In that I can access the Web Pages over the Internet browser. But I cannot see the Web Server from the NT Server and vice versa. The login script is displayed but no Domain/User and password seem to work. Could you give me a number of setup methods to try.

What exactly do you mean by you cannot see the Web Server from the NT Server and vice versa? Can you ping each from the other?

Yes we can ping the web server OK. When we try to get access to the web server, a login window is displayed but no User/password will give us access and vice versa when we try to get access to the NT server from the Web Server.

I believe it has something to do with the domain security set up on the Web Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back