Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web server for Cognos Powerplay enterprise server - urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganas

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
Hi Friends,
I need to know which is the best web server that supports the Cognos Powerply Enterprise server in windows platform. I dont want to use IIS web server as there is a security hole in it. The product document says, these web servers are supported by Enterprise Server:
1)Netscape Enterprise Web server version 3.5.1 or later
2)iPlanet Web server version 4.0 or later (Windows only)
3)Netscape FastTrack Web server version 3.01 or 4.x
4)Apache 1.3.6 or later (UNIX only)

Can any one tell me which is the best web server that will work properly with Enterprise Server?
I need this urgently..

Regards
Gana

If you won't go with IIS, I would opt for iPlanet/Netscape (I think the line between them has blurred a bit and they are the same). I think that Apache will work but it isn't supported, so Cognos Support will want to turn you away.

what do u mean by Apache will work but isnt supported...? can u tell me why?

swaiting response
Ganas

It will work means that it will function. Not supported means that Cognos has not "approved" it for the web products on Windows and if you call in with a problem they may ask you to use a supported web server platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back