Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Server connection with MSTR Server Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarmtz

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
MX
Has someone have trouble with web server connection with MSTR Server....

We are working on Microstrategy web, and suddenly appers an error saying that the server doesn´t have projects registered.... i think becuase the web server connection disconnects with MSTR Intelligence server, cause i still working in Desktop in three-tiers, and later the web server connection automatically connects again with Microstrategy Intelligence Server.

What version are you on? I know there where some problems with web reconnecting to IS when rebooting a server in earlier versions 7.1.X but I think it has been fixed in 7.2.x and higher.

In the web admin ( do you have the auto-reconnect and keep-alive options checked?

** choose this **
1. Automatically connect to Intelligence Server when Web Server or Intelligence Server is restarted

** check this **
2. Keep the connection alive between the Web Server and Intelligence Server (used when there is a firewall between the Web Server and the Intelligence). Please refer to the product documentation for information on how to configure your system when using this feature.

Other possibilities - network connectivity issues, web server came down, you have a blaster virus...you name it.

Chael

Thanks...

i think the web server didn't disconnect at all, because only for some users happens... and i search the message error in Microstrategy support ("No data for folder contents retrieved"), and it's a bug of 7.2.3... (TN5800-724-0202) that is fixed in 7.2.4?? when this version was ready??

Thanks anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back