Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web server certificate wizard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovie

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Hi All, i would like some advice on auto configuration on IIS6 on server2003.
I have 2 w2k3 servers in the same domain.

+ I install CertServices Server on ServerA using
unattended.txt, [CertSrv_Server] entries using sysocmgr.exe

+ I then want to complete the Web Server Certificate Wizard on ServerB. When I do this task manually it finds ServerA as the cert authority etc.

I have a book on IIS and ADSI and have been using this to configure IIS, however i have not found anything about completing these installation steps.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks, Rich

Does your serverB have serverA as a trusted root authority? This would be the first step if I am reading you right. Then you should have no issues installing the certificate.

Also WMI may be easier to use for this than ADSI but I am not 100% on that

Luke Richey, MCSE
Tometa Software, Inc.
Get stress relief at

Hi alrichey,
Thanks for the reply.
At the point in the install process nothing has been setup between ServerA and ServerB. I am starting from scratch so to speak. Once I have gone through the "Web Server Certificate Wizard" on ServerB I then update the RequireSSL property of the website using

Set W3Server = GetObject("IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC/1")
Wscript.Echo W3Server.AccessSSL & " require SSL"
W3Server.AccessSSL = True
W3Server.SetInfo
Set W3Server = Nothing

At the moment I need to figure out how to automate the "Web Server Cert Wizard". To this end I have looked at ADSI and have also downloaded CertMgr.exe from the SDK. Do you know what WMI classes are available to accomplish this task or if I am on the right lines with the CertMgr.exe??

Thanks,
Richard

yeap, if i look in certmgr.exe MyCA is in the Trusted Root Cert Authorities, this appears after the machine has been added to the same doman as the CSS server, i.e. ServerA
I presume i therefore have no need to CertMgr.exe?

thanks again for the feedback, i will keep searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back