Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Server and network server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexburg

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I would like to set up a small network for my business, I also want to host my own website. My question is if I use windows 2000 server will I need two separate machines to accomplish this.(One for my network and one for my web server.) The machine that I have for my network server has an Intel celeron 800Mhz processor with 256 megs of ram and a linksys router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

If you use the server to host your web site just remember that some one could hack into it. If your run your business from it you risk losing data or having your data viewed by some that shouldn't view it.

Besides that if your website doesn't get alot of traffic and your network activity isn't very aggresive then you could use the server for both purposes but it would be recommended.

BobSchleicher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back