Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Safe Dark Brown 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantfinder

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
I'm looking for the number for a web safe Dark Brown to use as a font. From everything I can find, this number should work: #663300, however when I preview in either IE or Firefox, it is Black. I've seen more than a few references that this is a web safe color. I'm not sure why this is not working. The only darker brown brown available in the color chip selector (#996600) in Dreamweaver is too light. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong or suggest a number for a Dark Brown that might work?

Thanks

Mike

Using that color gives me a perfectly brown color in FF, IE7 and Safari for Windows. So I don't think its the hex code, maybe your screen?

Brown.htm

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

You're right. I now have the brown I want using my NewNavList css but not when I use my NewNavListHeading css.

Here is the css:

.NewNavListHeadiing {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: bold;
color: 663300;
}
.NewNavList {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: lighter;
color: 663300;
}
.NewNavList a:link {
text-decoration: none;
color: #663300;
}
.NewNavList a:visited {
color: #663300;
}
.NewNavList a:hover {
color: #003366;
background-color: #CC9933;

and here is the HTML. I can't figure out what I have that is different - thanks in advance

<td valign="top" class="NewNavListHeading">Our Racks </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="938" valign="top"><p class="NewNavList"><a href="/racks.htm">Shop for our Racks</a><br>
<a href="/rackdetails.htm">Case Rack Details</a> <br>
<a href="/racks.htm#profile">Pro File Wall Rack<br>
<a href="../Testimonials.htm">Testimonials</a><br>
<a href="../customer_photos.htm">Customer Photos </a> <br>
</a></p>

Think it might be the missing pound sign (#)?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

I agree. you are missing the "#" in both your declarations which would actually make whatever your applying the color to transparent.

so if you have a black color underneath it would look black.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back