Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEB Reporting - Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LohneB

Programmer
May 4, 2000
US
I am having problems getting the Version 8 Web Component Server to function correctly. My server environment is:<br><br>Micorsoft NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5<br>Microsoft IIS (latest)<br>Microsoft Internet Explorer (4 and 5)<br>Netscape Communicator (4.7)<br>2 SCSI hard drives - 10 GB each<br>128 Meg of memory<br>Allaire's Cold Fusion Server 4.5<br><br>The specific error message that I get when trying to run the samples provided for testing is:<br><br>Server Application Error<br>The server has encountered an error while loading as application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance (note - I am the server administrator).<br><br>The system log only shows that (The server failed to load application&quot;. The error was '80004005')<br><br>I have verified that all files (dll's, etc.) are in the locations specified.<br><br>It makes no difference what report I try to run, all result in the same error. I have also tried all combinations of selections using both IE and Netscape - same error messages in all configurations.<br><br>Both the Seagate Page Server and Seagate Web Component Server are running.<br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated!<br><br>Bill<br><br>

Are you trying to run reports that were previously working with CR7?&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I'm not sure about the executable for IIS, but the name of the web report server executable for CGI changed from version 7 to version 8.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was crweb.exe, and it changed to wcscgi.exe.<br><br>Are you trying to run an old executable that isn't there anymore?<br><br>Mary<br>

Mary,<br><br>Thanks for responding. It turns out that each client must access the server and have a Crystal Web Component installed to adjust each client's register for the type interface wanted (ActiveX in this case). While recognizing this and providing a way to have this happen with the application's HTML code, there are still situations where the report won't show. Even on PCs located in the next room and having similar hardware and software configurations. We are still working the problem. By the way, still can't run the demos through the interface Crystal Reports provides.<br><br>Bill <p>Bill Lohne<br><a href=mailto:lohneb@netscape.net>lohneb@netscape.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back