Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Report: Not accepting Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joji12

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2002
US
Question for CR gurus:

I have a crystal report,which will be used from the web using Crystal enterprise. The report has 2 parameters and I pass the parameters using prompt0,prompt1

The URL has following format :

The Issue:
Even after I pass the parameters using the URL, the report object(Activex) will still ask prompt user for entering parameter values. Why is this happening?

Would appreciate your help![2thumbsup]

Thanks in advance!
Tom

When you are publishing the report on the Web w/in the Crystal Management Console, you have to tell it to PROMPT USER FOR NEW VALUE(S) WHEN VIEWING. This is in the Parameters Tab when entering the report. It will show you the values. You must click on the value and check the box listed above. Then when you are done click OK. When you have done this sucessfully on all prompts, you must click on UPDATE. This should take care of you.

Hi timpson!

Thanks for your tip. Appreciate it.

I tried your suggestion. The option "PROMPT USER FOR NEW VALUE(S) WHEN VIEWING", if enabled or disabled, still causes the report to prompt for parameters(even when I pass parameters thru URL).

Kindly let me know if you have more ideas.

Thanks
Tom

Hi there!

Thanks for your help. I solved the issue:
Instead of prompt0 and prompt1, I used:

promptex-SeasonP1=season&promptex-OrgNameP1=org

That worked.

Thanks for help.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search