Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web report keeps asking for a login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

Programmer
May 18, 2003
MO
About a month ago I created a report for the web on Crystal Enterprise, and everything was working great. We've since had to change the database name, and now everytime I try to access the report from the web, it asks me for a login. I'm passing the username and password in the form of a token in the url, so I can't understand why this is happening. Any ideas?

Btw, when I attempt to enter a username and password in the prompt, I can't seem to find one that works. Not the database password or Enterprise management password.

Thanks!

I don't know if this will work...but you might want to at least try it.

Go into your Crystal Management Console from your Enterprise Launchpad. Log in and select the report, from objects, that you are referring to. Select Database from the option tabs that appear at the top, and make sure that it is set correctly.

Again...I'm not sure that will work, but it is quick and worth a try.

Good luck.

Greg

If you've changed the database name, open the report in the report designer - do a set location to the new database name and save it back to Crystal Enterprise.

If you have reset location in Crystal Reports,
then you need to delete this report from
Crystal Enterprise & then republish the new report.

Had a similar problem when I moved CE to new server and had to create a new name for the DSN from that server to my data source. Had to open the report, set the location to the new DSN, delete the report from CE and Add add it Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back