Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Project Wizard not creating web a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpa

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
US
I have some web pages and a database on my local machine that were written by another developer that I'm trying to edit. I'm stepping through the Web Project Wizard to try to create a new Project that points at these pages (or just a blank project that I can add the existing pages to). I get all the way through specifying the server (localhost) in local mode, create a new web application ("project1") then click Finish and I see "Creating Project Files") then get the error: 'Server Error: cannot create folder "images".' I click OK and the project is not created.

I have IIS set up locally on my Win2K development machine and it's running with FrontPage Extensions intalled. This is the first web project I'm trying to create so it's probable something's not set right on IIS or InterDev. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, my name is Mirella Haro and i'm new at this Forum, and searching for an answer i found your question, and i was wondering if you already solve your problem because i have the same problem. I hope that you can help me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back