Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web portal for Crystal Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

campagnolo1

Technical User
Dec 19, 2011
US
Greetings everyone,

I have been on a quest to figure out how to serve up several Crystal Reports in a web browser to eliminate the need for every user to have a CR viewer installed on their machine. Obviously, CR server would be a top candidate, but because of the top price it is out of the question. Having done websites before I figure there has to be a way to serve these reports up and also have them auto-refresh in certain intervalls. I have VWD 2010 Express which unfortunately doesn't have the CR Viewer plugin any more. So my question to the forum is this: does anybody know of an open source solution to my problem or can someone give me a hint as to go about a DIY solution.

Thanks in advance for your contributions,

Chris

PS: My apologies if this is not the right forum for my question.

Thanks for the link. I checked out the solutions Ken points out and a couple of them were quite affordable. Still, being the thrifty guy that I am (some call me cheap), I decided to pursue trying to come up with something on my own. I downloaded VS2010 and went to town. Now I have a few questions about VS that are Crystal related. Should I start a new thread in a different forum (which one?) or should I keep going here?

Thanks,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back