Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web page reverts to previous version using Dreamweaver to FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjs

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
US
I use Dreamweaver MX 6.0 to FTP files between my local hard drive and a remote server. Occasionally, I find that a web page which has been saved locally and uploaded to a remote server mysteriously reverts back to a previously saved version of the file on BOTH my local hard drive and remote server, losing any trace of updates I know were made.

This problem seems to occur when I connect to the remote files through Dreamweaver. In the Local Files area, I right-click and "Check Out" the file I need. Dreamweaver then 1) connects to the remote server, and 2) transfers the file from the server to my hard drive in one process. Sometimes during this process, Dreamweaver connects to the server but does not Check Out the file. I then have to check it out a second time for it to actually work. This is where I suspect something might be going wrong but have no idea why. It has happened to me with Dreamweaver in different environments and servers independent of each other.

Has anyone here seen this before? Any insight to this problem and/or solution would be appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back