Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web page order form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have designed the follwing order form, here is a copy of my script, my problem is when filled out and sent to my email nothing appears, I've asked aol. other sights , hope you can help.
Thanks
Ronny Owens<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; ACTION=&quot;mailto:Ronny715@aol.com&quot;>
Name:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;name&quot; SIZE=&quot;30&quot;>
Address:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; ADDRESS=&quot;address&quot; SIZE=&quot;50&quot;>
City:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; CITY=&quot;city&quot; SIZE=&quot;20&quot;>
State:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; STATE=&quot;state&quot; SIZE=&quot;3&quot;>
Zip:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; ZIP=&quot;zip&quot; SIZE=&quot;10&quot;>
Home Phone:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; HOMEPHONE=&quot;home&quot; SIZE=&quot;10&quot;>
Work Phone:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; WORKPHONE=&quot;work&quot; SIZE=&quot;10&quot;>
D.O.B:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; DOB=&quot;dob&quot; SIZE=&quot;10&quot;>
S.S.<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; SS=&quot;ss&quot; SIZE=&quot;12&quot;>

$149.95
T900:<SELECT NAME=&quot;T900_Color&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;
<OPTION SELECTED>Color
<OPTION>Blue
<OPTION>Black
<OPTION>Red
</SELECT>

$399.95/$300.00 (Black Only)
P935 E-link:<SELECT NAME=&quot;935-ELI&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>None
<OPTION>P935
<OPTION>E-link
</SELECT>

Nationwide Monthly Rates:<SELECT NAME=&quot;MonthlyRate&quot; SIZE&quot;4&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>$14.95 500 Messages
<OPTION>$24.95 1250 Messages
<OPTION>$29.95 3000 Messages
<OPTION>$59.95 unlimited(E-link)
</SELECT>

add 6% sales tax on unit and $25.00 set-up fee

Maintence $3.00:<SELECT NAME=&quot;Maintence&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>YES
<OPTION>NO
</SELECT>

Voice Mail $4.00:<SELECT NAME=&quot;VoiceMail&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>YES
<OPTION>NO
</SELECT>

Credit Card:<SELECT NAME=&quot;Card&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
<OPTION SELECTED>Visa
<OPTION>Master
</SELECT>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;number&quot; SIZE=&quot;30&quot;>
Expiration Date:<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;date&quot; SIZE=&quot;10&quot;>

<INPUT TYPE=&quot;submit&quot; VALUE=&quot;Send Order&quot;>
</FORM>

I'm not that hot with html.. but you will need cgi access on your server at AOl won't you? As you won't have fp ext.

If this is a order form.. should it not have security on it as well? I belive that is SSL?

Don't AOL have a form script of their own? Check out their member section...

Sorry can't think of anything else.

Tina

tinaalice is right, you will need cgi access. Check out online shopping carts - they can do what you're looking for. One program you might want to check out is PerlShop. It's a free program and you can find it at for tech stuff, fixes, hacks etc..
for updates, PS Office PS DBI versions

has the early version and has the newest version. It can be a little tricky at first to set up but it's a great little shopping cart.

Hope this helps!

I did somethiing similiar back in the days of using aol and it worked fine. Obviously you do not need cgi access because your form action is a mailto (so others understand) Talk woth aol, possibly aol's spam control blocks email without a subject line. DeZiner
gear.gif width=45 align=left
When the gears stop turning,
we all stop learning.

Aol does allow for forms. Not real easy to do and not secure forms so you don't want to be taking people's credit card or other secure info.

Come chat with me at bunni.com and I can offer you some options faster than I can type them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back