Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Page/Form integrate with CM for changing call state

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSKP

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2017
GB
Hi,

I have a question.

Is there anyway you could have a webform, with options and drop down menus etc, that then when submitted, link with CM and change things?

Quite broad I know but for example we have an on-call system at work. It uses variables to set the person on call etc but it potentially might be spreading wider to other departments.

I was thinking if they had a internal webpage, that opened up and you selected your team, and then who to be on call, and submitted it for it then to run a script, linked into CM and CM then has a set of instruction to change vector xxx etc.

In a nutshell, can you get external applications to make changes on CM by automated scripts of some sort.

Thanks in advance

Yeah. When you use ASA in GEDI mode it uses a terminal type called OSSI. System Manager as well when it syncs - if you set up telnet access to CM and have SMGR go in that way and wireshark it, you can watch what it does. That terminal type is made for automating. Documented, it is not. Supported, it is not any longer. It would have been the way older 3rd party management applications would pull things.

System Manager has a web API, but I don't think it'll do what you want.

It's geared to user management - so, you can build your own web service and give people an interface to add/change phones/users/passwords/whatever, but there is no interface to the Communication Manager Element Manager whereby you can set variable definitions in CM to accomplish what you're looking for.

If you're hellbent on doing it and have a lot of free time on your hands, and don't mind being unsupported/corrupting your PBX if your app has a brain fart, wireshark a telnet connection with GEDI do your thing and reverse engineer it from there. There's a semi annotated version of the ossi terminal if you log in as terminal type ossimt
you enter your command as c"command" "enter" "t" "enter"
Then, it's clogoff enter t enter y enter to logout.

so, this is what i got when I typed cdisp sys cus enter t enter
Code:
Terminal Type (513, 715, 4410, 4425, VT220, NTT, W2KTT, SUNT): [513] ossimt
t
cdisp sys cus
t
cdisp sys cus
                OPTIONAL FEATURES
 4657ff00 G3 Version:   4
        Display Only
        V1.1
        V2
        V3
        V4 -> 4a52ff00
        V5 -> 4a52ff00
        V6 -> 4a52ff00
        V7 -> 4a52ff00
        V8 -> 4a52ff00
        V9 -> 4a52ff00
        V10 -> 4a52ff00
        V11 -> 4a52ff00
        V12 -> 4a52ff00
        V13 -> 4a52ff00
        V14 -> 4a52ff00
more?[y]
        V15 -> 4a52ff00
        V16 -> 4a52ff00
 7750ff00 Software Package:     12
        Display Only
        Enterprise      Standard
 4a53ff00 Location:     1
        1(US/CANADA)    2(Other locations)
 6c04ff00 Platform:     5
        Display Only
 7008ff00 System ID (SID):      13
        Display Only
 7009ff00 Module ID (MID):      6
        Display Only
                USED
                LOW
                HIGH
 3e86ff00 Platform Maximum Ports:       5
        Enter value between 0 - 65000 for maximum number of station and trunk ports
 6e02ff00       5
        Display Only

I've used ossi to make this happen. So I had an Apache web server with php. When the user entered a selection via the web the variable was passed from php to the ssh session to make the change. Worked fine for most things. An example might be by-passing TOD hours for a call center. User would go to page, select open or closed and click submit. On the back end, a variable was being changed to either bypass the TOD or not.

You could probably also do the same with an AES the api that comes with it. This would be the more "supported" solution.

good call, yeah, totally forgot about the AES integration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back