Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEB-Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haug

MIS
May 12, 2003
DK
I'm trying to build a web-monitor which checks for any kind of response from a "openurl" (Inet-object).
This is working fine - however I would like to get a responsecode (200, 404, 500 and son on) instead of just checking if it responds or not.

Anyone got some ideas on that ?

Any help appreciated

404 error is actual a responce from the server. If you get a 404 error then the server DID respond.

is a responce from The page doesn't exist so it send you a 404 page. You could check the page for the string "404" but that isn't reliable because it might be valid as in "Goto room 404 for History 101". The format of the 404 page is up to the administrator of the server. They don't even have to show you a error number.

Chech out microsofts 404
or my ISP or
as you can see each is different and don't have to include 404 anywhere in there.
as this link shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back