Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Manager - Multiple Admin's Making Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneMn

Vendor
Apr 11, 2005
US
I have two customers that are eager to start using Web Manager for IP Office. I went through the Web Manager docs in Marketingtools and searched around tech-tips and cannot find the answer to this question.

Can multiple Admin's be logged into via Web Manager making changes without overwriting each others configs? As is the case with the Windows Manager application.

Caveat: I did see the section configuring via Web Manager offline, and then saving the bulk changes with the "save" button. We will not be using this feature.

Been there, done that

if you are not using the offline mode then you should be fine.
I don't really use it but am eager to try it out TBH

So I just tried it :) really easy to do

logged in once and again from 2 different browsers and the last save wins.
BUT
the first one still shows the wrong information until you re-logon even if you go to another item in the programming and then back to the same item again.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi, thank you for taking the time to test it. You're right, I could've just logged in with two different browsers and did it myself... which is what I am doing now.

Hopefully we helped someone Googling this in the future

Been there, done that

I always wanted to know that too but was always too lazy to test it.
When I saw your post curiosity was finally getting the better of me :)

I have to say I am disappointed because WebManager works just like the real Manager it seems. It downloads the config and the only difference seems that it does incremental uploads but is not refreshing the information after that.

Time for Avaya to wake up and do it right.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back