Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Manager and Twinning being Licensed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaunymony

Programmer
Feb 25, 2010
US
Having a system admin that wants to program user changes through web management. They go to activate twinning through the web manager at 9.0 and get a Cannot configure mobile twinning without proper license. I just tried it through my web management at 9.1 and get the same. Last I checked I didn't need any licensing for twinning and it works through manager just fine.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

that is way to complicated.
enable twinning on the users and put a twinning button on the users to adjust the number and turn it on and off.
webmanagement sucks if you ask me. I only looked at it again today after a long time and still my statement stands

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I agree completely about web manager but I think you misunderstood what I'm trying to do. This isn't for the end user, its for the telephony managers. I should also reiterate that it's to activate the twinning feature so end user can press the twinning button on the phone to toggle on and off. (like going into manager/user/mobility and clicking the Mobility Features check box so twinning works) I'm quite aware that you use a twinning button but I see my verbage above isn't that clear :)

They have about 1800 users and they want to manage the MAC work through web manager and not be concerned about overwriting configs. I hate it but if they want to use it, fine by me and it makes sense to use it for MAC changes and adding features vs. a bunch of people going into manager and messing something up.

Issue is if User X goes to them and says "I want twinning" they should be able to go into web manager and turn on Mobility Features and give them a twinning button. When you click on the mobility features bar in web manager you get the license error. Same error on both 9.0 and 9.1. If I make that person a power user, all is good. I shouldn't have to make that person a power user to check "Mobility Features" to give them a functioning twinning button. Then I read in the IP Office platform 9.1 doc that, and I quote, "Mobile Twinning is a licensed feature." This is news to me and is going to make a whole lot of people upset if I go and say "to go to 9.1 and use twinning you need to now purchase a license". If that's the case (which I don't think it is as I can do it just fine through manager at 9.1) then why make it free when it used to be licensed?

Anyways, the main issue I'm having is the license error when trying to turn on Mobility Features in web manager as you don't need a license to do that.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

OK i have not installed a 9.1 yet because our company is a bit careful with it (burnt in the past with new stuff from Avaya) but I didn't think that twinning is licensed

Joe W.

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

It isn't licensed. It is one out of many issues with WebManagement.

I used twinning to test a SIP trunk at a customer's site running 9.1 successfully (and solved the issue by the way...). I created a phantom user with mobile twinning enabled and ICR pointing at FNE 00. I could dial into the system through SIP with my cell phone, got internal dial tone and had been able to dial out and heard our office fax machine ;-)

Long story, short answer... Mobile twinning works without any extra license.

good stuff defloh, good to know in case I get to 9.1 one of these days

chaunymony
I bet that I am doing changes in half the time than people via the web interface because it is not only crap but also slow as molasses. Just tell them that it doesn't work via web which is not even a lie and they should do it via Manager.

Joe W.

Mobile twinning has been included for all users since 8.0GA with Essential Edition, guess the Softconsole manual hasn't been updated =p

That being said I have the same issue with the 9.0 Web Manager. You get a warning trying to edit the twinning page.
Haven't tried 9.1 yet.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I have 500v2 9 0 5 and was able to do this through web manager without any issues

Ha Janni, I should have read what the doc was for ;).

Joe, does that user have power user or any of that selected. This only shows for me when they are set to basic user.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Thanks! I should say this is for server edition too. I'll try to find a 9.0.5 one I have and test.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Chaunymony

What did you find ? I installed a 9.1 SE and am also seeing "cannot configure mobile twinning without a valid license" Ouch!

I see this in the doc you posted.
Notes
1.Mobile Twinning is a licensed feature.

I'm going to take a look in KB

It's only dialtone!!!

KB is showing this

Twinning for 9.1
Twinning allows a user's calls to be presented to both their current extension and to another number. The system supports two modes of twinning:

Internal Mobile
Twinning Destination Internal extensions only External numbers only.
Supported in All locales. All locales.
License Required No No

It's only dialtone!!!

If it is possibly you aid raise it as an issue under support.avaya.com

That would be the only chance to get this issue in WebManagement fixed. It is not an error in IPO core but in WebManagement because it works...

I believe this is fixed in SP2 of 9.1.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back