Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web mail file attchment size limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2012
US
Hello anyone,

We have a qmail setup with vpopmail and vqadmin also setup and we need to have the file attachment size limited raised to 15MB. From google-ing I found out that the /var/qmail/control/databytes is suppose to control this but after changing this and restarting /etc/init.d/qmail-smtp and /etc/init.d/qmail-send this did not working. I was told that vqadmin had a quota setting that controls the file attachment size cumulative with the email space for a particular user but after viewing that it was set to 100M. The user only has about 58M used up in her mail directory and she's trying to sent a 15MB size file. From what I'm concluding she should have more than enough space to send these file size attachments. To give some clarity, I'm am completely new to qmail and barely know enough about Linux email systems to understand the basics. No one on my team knows this setup or qmail since we adopted it from a recent buy out of another company. The issue is that their a customer complaining and we don't have time to figure this out slowing so any speedy advise would be appreciated tremendously. If there is anymore info you need please let me know. I'm also new to Tek-Tips as well.

Found out from one of the few old admins that knows qmail/sqwebmail that for web mail users you cannot changed the file attachment size. You can only change it for client user's (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) by changing the databytes file. Although this is a global change and so will be for all users. If this is incorrect please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back