Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Listener Ports Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeAway

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
AE
Hi guys, i hope you can help. We have been running ISA 2004 for about 8 months now and in that time ive had to create 2 new web listeners for different ports because the old ones just stopped working. What i mean by that is that we could no longer access our webserver externally referencing the ports.

I have the following
Port 80 : exchange OWA.
Port 81 : CMS system.
Port 82 : CRM system.

All worked perfectly for a few months and then one day the sites on Port 81 and 82 stopped. I couldnt find a solution, let alone a reason why this happened so i changed the ports to 8081 and 8082. Once again, all worked great for a few more months and then today both stopped.

Its worth noting that the listener ofr Port 80 (Outlook OWA) has always worked and never given me any issues.

So today i decided ill put them back to the original ports just to test, it does not work. The only solution i can find is to change the ports on the listener to something new, something i havent used before.

Granted there are enough ports to carry on doing this till i die, but i hate being beaten and am at a loss as to why this is happening.

Anyone have any ideas? Ive tried deleting all listeners and creating only those i needed, ive cleared the cache on ISA server, rebooted the server ..., nothing works.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back