Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web interface for FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

streborr

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2002
Using IIS on Win2003 Ent. Server

I have a website where users can log on and be sent to their "My Files" page. (using Windows Authentication)

I have an FTP server setup for the same users to upload files.

-- I know, why not have the users upload via web --

I tried that, but users can't upload large files, the largest file upload was about 60mb. I already set file size limits, timeout limits all over the place, metabase, registry, website properties. I gave up on that. Users need to be able to upload very large file - 1gb+.

The FTP server is set up to isolate users so each user has their own folder(s).

The FTP server works fine, allows very large uploads. The thing I don't really care for is the lack of any kind of (web) interface for the user.
Other than the user having to use an FTP client program or the bland directory listing in a browser, is there a way I could create a webpage interface to dress it up a bit.

Thanks,
Rick

"Without deviation, progress is not possible."
Frank Zappa

I assume this is on a private network and you won't just allow any yahoo to upload a gig?

Sort of correct.

The Web and FTP sites are public. The users all have a local account for logging in.
The general public has access to the Web site. The FTP server does not allow anonymous access.

"Without deviation, progress is not possible."
Frank Zappa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back