Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web intelligence installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssibo

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
SN
HI.
I have 2 servers s1 and s2 in a workgroup S.
I've successfully installed s1 as a cluster manager and I wanted to install s2 as a node. BUT I have a message that tells me no osagent was found in the network.
I've used the same port for the 2 servers(14999).
The installation asks me a domain. When I give the workgroup it doesn't work.
Should I reinstall windows to create a new domain or is it possible to dothe installation with a workgroup?

you just need to be in the same subnet, a domain isn't necessary, however the osagent ports should not be the same, your node is looking for 14999, sees itself, and can't see the CM.

We don't use nodes at all, just CM's even for our BCA Publisher setup. you may want to consider that. you'll be able to support more users by having 2 webi servers and load balancing them via roundrobin, local director, or a CSS. there are some caveats, such as shared storage to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back