Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Import, Notes Field -- limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooglek

Programmer
Jul 27, 2002
US
I have a customer who wants me to put a multi-line Notes portion into the email sent to Goldmine (Content-Type: application/x-gm-impdata in the email and all that).

The email works fine, but the Notes= field doesn't seem to keep anything more than the first line, which makes sense, since \n (newline) is the delimiter or EOL (end of line).

So how do I pass multi-line Notes= field to Goldmine without including the \n that are evaluated?

As a programmer, I would use something like WebMagik II to write my own import and do it anyway I wanted.

In the limitations of the GM's import, have you tried replacing line breaks with chr(10) + chr(13), or similar padding techniques so that the input APPEARS to be one line, but in affects your database like multiple lines?

The Wizard
Forums, CRM products, Manuals and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back