Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkrider

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
I am currently using Tripod for web hosting services. My business does web design for a lot of companies, so I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on who the best hosting providers are. I've noticed that Tripod seems a little slow at times, but there are a lot of features that I like. One of the main ones is the utilization of FrontPage server extensions. Ideally I would like to find a little cheaper price (Tripod Pro is currently 8.95/mo). Anyone have recommendations?

In the UK I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend BP Interactive (They only offer Linux hosting though, so if you are an ASP/Windows person they won't be much good for you.

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
I wonder what possesses people to make those animated gifs. Do you just get up in the morning and think, "You know what web design r

Hi,

What features other than FP Extensions are you looking for? Also, what are your space/bandwidth requirements?

Hope this helps

Wullie

Fresh Look - Quality Coldfusion/Windows Hosting

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

try looking at streamline.net,

they have quite a few features and are cheap, hosting from £14+ vat with server extensions at £25 +vat pa.

It's windows or linux based.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back