Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Hosting & Domain Name Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
I live in Toronto and I'm almost ready to publish my small business website. I would like to get some opinions and recommendations about reputable web hosting and domain registration companies. Shall i go to the higher authoritative body or to the resellers? I checked some sites and can't seem to figure out the pricing scheme because some are charging higher and some are really priced low. What's the catch? I prefer to have that "ideal" company in my area so I can track them if they screw me up, hehehehh.

Also, I've checked a couple of sites where they support Frontpage extensions. I wonder if anyone have had some issues since we are Dreamweaver guys...

Thanks,

Rob

That is who I have been using over the last year or so. I haven't had any problems with them. I consider them to be very resonable.

With the exchange rate difference between USA and Canada, now that I think about it, I should have found a Canadian server. = )

I use It's not Canadian, but it's pretty cheap and the customer support is EXCELLENT. I usually get a response via e-mail within 1 hour.

You are right. there are thousands of hosting companies out there and it seems each does things differently. A few things to look for.

unlimited bandwidth
unlimited pop addresses
month to month.. no long term commiments
24x7 support with an 800 #

I use
Then whatever else your needs may be such as do you need a shopping cart... credit card processing.... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back