Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Domain Names...etc. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel2228

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
I am looking to design a website for a local band, and I would like to get them set up with their own domain name, etc, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do that? and how would it work? I have been designing web pages for some time, but since my company has it's own server and domain, etc, I haven't had to worry about any of that.

Thanks.

first...you need to go to and see if the name you want is available.

Just type in the name itself (i.e. funkyband)

As far as webhosting goes, I highly reccommend checking out
They offer free domain registration with all their packages and let me tell you! You want find any better deals anywhere.

They also have a nifty little domain lookup on their site also. The only difference is you type in funkyband.com or funkyband.org, etc. instead of just the domain name itself.

take a gander at it and then tell me what you think.

Hope this helps:)

blacksun looks great!!!!

it's a lot easier than i thought it would be!!

Thanks so much!

The pleasure is all mine!

let me know if there is anything else I can do to help;-)

I have no financial or other interest in these, but I've found their price/service/flexibility to be so good that I use them time and again:

Domain registration: $13.50 per year, and their user agreement clearly says that you own your domain name.

Web hosting - Unix: $15.95 per month gets you 400 Mb storage, lots of scripts, etc. Robert Bradley
Got extra money lying around? Visit:

As a side note to all interested...

I have found that the closer you move the CORE to get your domains the cheaper they get. I use (based in Germany) and the domains cost 12 dollars a year.

Turn-around time on chanbges is hours instead of days too. » » » » » »
Mike Barone
FREE and Pro CGI/Perl Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back